This page was updated with more details 2 Feb. ’17.
Early arrivals (ie, before Friday 17 Feb.) –
- Arrive early for the Ran-Tan and enjoy winter sailing on Lake Pleasant starting Wednesday the 15th of Feb. Send us a note if you plan on showing up before Friday using the CONTACT form.
Friday 17 February 2017 –
- Morning: you can pick up your formal registration information at Lake Pleasant/Pleasant Harbor Marina entrance (look for a table near the entrance booths).
- Morning and afternoon: rig & launch your boat and go for a warm-up sail.
- Morning and afternoon: Harry Pattison of E/P Sailmakers is available to inspect your boat’s sails.
- 11.00 AM – If you are an early arrival you can attend the Arizona Yacht Club (AzYC) Fleet racing skipper’s meeting tent. OPTIONAL as Wrinkleboat racing will be covered Friday evening at the Wild Horse West dinner (see below).
- 5:00 to 6:30 PM – you can pick up your formal registration information at Lake Pleasant/Pleasant Harbor Marina entrance (look for a table near the entrance booths).
- Evening: dinner at Wild Horse West (NOTE: CASH ONLY) with discussion on how Wrinkleboat fleet racing works on Saturday and Sunday’s distance race. PLEASE ATTEND dinner Friday or the 7:30 AM meeting Saturday so you know the schedule and system for racing starts and review of the race courses.
Saturday 18 February –
- 7.00 AM – Bagels and Coffee are available at the AZ Yacht Club tent.
- 7:00 to 8:00 AM – you can pick up your formal registration information at Lake Pleasant/Pleasant Harbor Marina entrance (look for a table near the entrance booths).
7:30 AM – discussion on the racing schedule and system for starts and review of the race courses. If you attended Friday evening’s dinner you can attend to ask additional questions.
9:00 AM racing begins so be on the water and near the start line!
- There will be a lunch break during fleet racing. Look for Portillo’s boat to pick up your pre-ordered lunch. Please order your lunch, your registration fee pays for up to $20 of your lunch costs, by the end-of-day WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15th. Details and link to order see: ‘Lunch on the Lake’
- Afternoon: fleet racing continues. The last race will start no later the 3:55 PM.
- 7.00 PM – Dinner in the tent with the Arizona Yacht Club icatered by Babbo’s Italian, Live Auction, Raffle and Party. Dinner is a choice of three pasta dishes, two salads and two entrees. Cash or Credit card accepted at the door and there no need to pre-purchase tickets.
Sunday 19 Feb. –
- 9:00 AM the long distance race begins so be on the water and near the start line! The race is approx 15 miles long.
- 3.30 PM – The AZ Yacht Club Awards and Closing Celebration at the tent begins. The Wrinkleboat awards ceremony begins after AzYC’s.
This page last updated 2 February 2017.